Bruny Island Day Tour
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Bruny Island , Tasmania
- Product code: BRUNY
Arguably Tasmania's best day trip! At the end of this day, you will understand why the tourist numbers have doubled in the past 4 years! Bruny Island has a little bit of everything mainland Tasmania has - world class beaches, national parks, rugged coastline and native wildlife matched with the finest local produce from the ocean and the land.
While its impossible to do everything in one day, we have designed various tours to fit in with the day’s weather conditions so we can provide the most enjoyable experience. You can expect an active (easy/moderate level) morning with nature walks, albino wallaby spotting, spectacular scenery lookouts, exploring pristine beaches and lagoon (swimming optional). This tour takes you off the beaten track and into areas that are only accessible by walking tracks that only locals know about.
After an adventurous morning, it will be time to pull it back a gear as we head for lunch to either the Bruny Hotel, Cafe, or winery (Lunch at own cost) many options to suit budgets and dietary requirements. After lunch, unwind and relax as we sample some award winning local produce. Berries, chocolate fudge, cheese, beverages and oysters are all possibilities (time pending and at own cost)!
Some of the things you can expect to see and do:
(some will be weather and time permitting)
- Tempered Rainforest walk
- Walking tracks (easy to moderate level)
- Swimming (weather permitting)
- Wildlife spotting (we know some of the hiding spots of the elusive albino wallaby which may allow for a spotting!)
- Viewing platform at the Neck.
- Cape Bruny Light house
- Secret water holes and lagoons
- Picturesque beaches
- Sample award winning food at own cost. (cheese, wine, beer, cider, berries, chocolate and oysters).
- Lunch stop (own cost)
- Please note: It is impossible
to go to every attraction in a day. So we like to mix up the days to best suit
the group on board for the day and to suit the weather conditions to ensure you
guys get the best day possible without it feeling rushed.